Monday, December 8, 2008

I'm going to post about a hike, because I would like to hear about Nana and Pop's hikes too!
Saturday I went to Hood River, OR in the Columbia River Gorge. You can see Mount Hood and Mount Adams from there. There is very little snow in Oregon right now (except on the peaks), so the snow trails and skiing that are typically open this time of the year are closed. The good thing is that you can still hike in the mount hood area and not have to worry about your car sliding off the road! Saturday we drove on the road to mount hood and went on a hike to see a waterfall. 

Also, in Corvallis last week I saw a large flock of dusky Canada geese. What are they, you ask? straight from the internet: 

"The dusky geese is a subspecies of Canada goose that breeds only in the Copper River Delta area on the south-central coast of Alaska and on islands in the Prince William Sound and Gulf of Alaska. They winter primarily in the Willamette Valley and along the lower Columbia River of Oregon and Washington. The dusky has one of the smallest populations of geese in North America."  
source: http://www.fws.gov/WillametteValley/complex/dusky.html





1 comment:

Jessica Miller said...

I hope to get to see the snow soon! But your right, look at the glass half full and go hiking. I would love to go hike to see Mt Hood :) Thanks for sharing about the geese too...I'll keep my eye out for a sighting!
Ummm...for some reason I can't see your picture...could you make it smaller before you insert it? But maybe its my computer? IDK?